1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large sauce pan.
2. Add the food colouring to the water.
3. Mix the coloured water and oil into the dry ingredients.
4. Cook on the stove on medium heat and stir constantly.
5. When it feels like stiff mashed potatoes, take it off the stove and
knead it for about 2 minutes.
6. Store it in something like a tupperware container or a zip-lock baggy
when the kids are finished playing with it
Couple of Notes:
The playdough is non-toxic, so its OK if they eat it, but its not going
to taste great. So advice them not to taste it.
*If the playdough gets on things like counters, carpet, couches, etc.,
then a little warm water will remove it if you do it immediatly. The
carpeting and couches will be the most difficult to remove the dough,
so try to avoid it from getting on there.
The dough will wash out of clothing, but food coloring will not if it
is spilled directly on something and left there for more than a couple
* This should only be done under supervision, the kids should not be
doing it alone.
Baby Sitters- Always check with the parents before doing this. Also,
try to supply the ingredients from your own home